Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Truth About UAE

Thousands of goods are unloaded each day at the Deira side of the Dubai Creek
When I decided to go to Dubai in 2007, I thought that it would be an entirely different experience when it comes to goods. I was looking forward to a worry-free time when it comes to buying branded things no matter how big or small that product might be. I was dreaming of buying Gap shirts, Ralph Lauren eye wears and Tag Heuer watches without having to wonder on my way home if I bought the original thing or a bootleg.

But I was surprised to find out that there is a place here called Naif, where there are a lot of fake goods to choose from. From socks to bonnets to mobile phones, MP3 players, iPhones and BlackBerrys, you can find it there. When I was just a newbie there, me and my room mates decided to go for a trip there and that's when I found out about this. On our way home, I was already thinking about the doubts that it brought me if every I get the money to buy those things I dream of. I was actually thinking that if one can get it easily in Naif, products may soon get every where and it will be hard to differentiate, even if there is actually a difference.

Next Friday when I called home, I told them about our adventure and I described the place as something like Divisoria, because that was the easiest way to put it.

A news from the famous UAE tabloid 7Days today confirmed my doubts which goes as far back as that day of November of 2007.


You can find the story here:
UAE is a Hub for Fake Goods

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts