Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The BER Months

I was on my Feedly Reader a few minutes ago and read about this bus wherein its passengers were robbed of their belongings. It was just a headline and I didn't want to read more about it. Who wants to know more about these things when we already have had enough of the events that happened since August 23.

After reading the headlines. I thought, 'the BER months… expect more of this kind of news.'

I wanted to think of something that would rhyme with BER, to give a push to this month and write about it here on my blog. The only word I can think of is Robber. And then I thought of the Arabs and Indian Muslims. If we are Arabs or Indians, we won't have the letter P in our alphabets. They call their dads Baba for Papa, although I think has nothing to do with the translations. But they call Pepsi, Bebsi and pizza, bizza. So… aside from the word robber, I now have…

Holdubber.

Kidnabber.

I know you'd believe me when I say that these BER months would indeed be the months of the word I just thought and the words that I have coined.

Let us all be vigilant within the coming months. I don't want to spoil your festive mood at this first day of the BER months, but this is the other side, the other reality of what all these months hold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts