Friday, August 13, 2010

Do you have friggatriskaidekaphobia?

I was surfing the internet and found this word...

So, this is what you call the fear of Friday the 13th....

According to Wikipedia, the word came from frigga which means Friday, and triskaidekaphobia which is derived from the Greek words Paraskevi, which means Friday and dekatreis, which means thirteen.


After all these years, I don't remember how many Friday the 13s there were up to now. Does that mean that I don't have friggatriskaidekaphobia?

But I do remember that there was a time when I was in college that it almost hit me. It's probably due to peer pressure that I almost got the fear. But it's good to know that I don't have it and I don't even bother with it.

As a matter of fact, if you live here in the Philippines and you are a fan of a popular noontime show that just started two weeks ago, Pilipinas Win Na Win, you will actually think that there is really nothing to fear about on this day.

A contestant was lucky today. He won Php 1 million in that noontime game segment called Open Susi-Me which if translated will mean something like Open Key-Me. This kind of explains the game's concept. Opening several doors, the last being worth a million pesos.

So, I guess this is his lucky day. One Friday the 13th he will truly remember.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts