Sunday, August 21, 2011

A post-birthday celebration with high school friends

I figured that since it had been three weeks since my last cycle, it would be okay if I have my friends over.    They have been wanting to visit for so long.  But circumstances do not allow.  It's either I've just had my chemo cycle or they couldn't make it because of their busy schedules.

So, when one of them sent me a message if they can visit, I told them that it's okay and we agreed that this Saturday will be fine.  (I was actually invited on a dinner birthday party but I declined because of the wound on my toes.)

I don't know how many of them agreed to come - since I didn't know who was organizing the plan, but urgent calls made them backed out the last minute.  I was actually a little disappointed since I was really expecting them.  But it's okay. I understand how busy can one get these days.


So, they are the only ones who made it.  Doc Mench brought a roll and asked me to blow the candles and make a wish. And of course, pancit for long life.  After dinner, we spent the evening talking about other things - poilitics, commercials, tv shows, etc.  

It was actually good seeing them again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts