Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dudaymind: Post #1

Dudaymind is actually a collection of my thoughts and opinions about everything that catches my attention. From tv commercials to teleseryes to political issues. I guess this is a revival of my What's Up This Week posts. It's just that I couldn't keep up in doing it weekly, even before.

Dudaymind is actually an ambiguous word. Duday used to be my handle (nickname) back in those days when VHF radios were jamming the airwaves. The other meaning is, do they mind if I make a comment or a compliment about them?

To easily find these posts in the future, we can find it on the 'Pages.'

Okay.

~ A few days ago, I saw this trailer "Tween Academy 2011" and their theme song is "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now."  I found the video in YouTube but couldn't bear to post it here.  I just don't like it.  I didn't like both singers.  It seems like it's the very first time they ever sang a song.  I don't want to embed it because I really don't like it, so here's the link

~ Have you seen that Coffee-Mate commercial where the couples are in their romantic OA moments sharing coffee?  I don't see it anymore these days.  Probably because they realized that it only caters to the very slim market of older guy-younger girl class.  Did you notice that?  There were two of them.

~ It sucks that they are only starting to campaign "No Smoking" at jeepneys.  I started mine when I got here back in 2009 thinking that it was already a law since there were already "No Smoking" signs inside.  I even asked those smoking pasaheros to throw their cigarettes away whenever I ride the jeep.

~ One of our friends gave us "Mang Inasal" gift certificates.  It was for Pinoy Spaghetti and Pinoy Burger.  We tried them the other day and we found the Pinoy Burger worth it.  I think food chains should give more gift certificates especially when they're introducing a product.  If it weren't for the gift certificate, we wouldn't have tried the burger and wouldn't have discovered it was good.

~ Funny how the show "Happy, Yipee, Yehey" are conceptualizing their games.  Their games are just glorified  parlor games that we have during parties.  And we've known these games since we were what?  High school?  "Tanging Hinga Mo" is that game on kiddie parties, right?  And this new "Toot Game" is actually just the old game Statue Dance with a remote control.

There'd be more to come.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts