Saturday, September 4, 2010

Last But Not The Least

The recent happenings on the grandstand and an article that was written about several hostage situations that happened since 2001 led me to be curious about the book that was written by one of the hostages herself, Gracia Burnham. Now, that I have given her name, I am sure a lot of you might say, "Of course, I remember!"

I guess I am in luck that a good friend of mine has the book and is willing to lend it to me.

The hostage-taking happened in May 2001 at the Dos Palmas Resort in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. It was an ordeal for the writer and her husband that lasted for months.

I have just barely started with the book. It began with the rosters of both the identities of the hostage-takers and the hostages.

But what touched me most, so far, is what she wrote on the introduction:
"To these people I say, you were not left out because you aren't important. I hope you know what a special place you hold in my heart."
I think we all should keep this in mind, hostage or not.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts