I was supposed to have my eighth cycle this January. But I decided to totally stop my chemotherapy treatment.
I made the decision weeks ago, but it was hard to sit down and write about it.
The first thing I considered was of course, my financial situation. But this is not just the issue.
There were a lot more things that led me to this decision. But I'd rather not talk about it yet. There are questions that come along with my treatment. Questions that haven't been answered for a while now. Some of my friends tell me to go to another oncologist for another opinion. But I opted not to. I know what they will tell me. There's no other way but to continue with chemotherapy.
So now, I am under palliative care.
Later today, I'm going for hemoglobin test. If the result is low, I will have to have blood transfusion.
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
When my onco finally arrived, she was ready to begin with the pre-meds. I immediately asked her about the tingling sensation that I felt e...
-
I have been in remission for over a year now. Until. It all started when my bowel movement became irregular and I took it from not drinking ...
-
-
I called the lab earlier today to find out the result. And they're all good. So, this means that I'd be off early evening to get...
-
Iko-Iko One Day - Dixie Cups This song should start our week happy. *It says this is a rare clip, and I believe it is. I just hope th...
-
I was just with my oncologist today. My lab works are fine. Everything is okay, except that my Potassium is a little low. She said I could...
-
My sister and I had a good time with my nieces and nephews (at such an ironic time). One of my nephews could play the guitar (one of my frus...
-
This is one of my favorite songs these days. Call me a late bloomer, no problem. But I rarely listen to radio stations. How I got to know...
-
The final days of last week wasn't that fun. For those who wonder, I am still as strong as I can be. In fact, I was at the La Laguna ...
-
No. Not for clothes or shoes, iPhones, iPads or other gadgets. I'm looking for the perfect combination of pain reliever that would re...
No comments:
Post a Comment