Friday, August 12, 2011

My CT scan result after the fourth cycle

It's the usual routine.  I need to have my CT scan after every two cycles to monitor how I am responding to the treatment.  And also, since I still don't know when I would have the funds for my fifth cycle, my oncologist says it's best to know where we left off.

With regard to the mass on the recto-sigmoid region, there was a very slight decrease in size.  It is a not-so-good news though because I was expecting that it would somehow decrease by a centimeter or so.  But it isn't so.  But still, the fact that it's not growing is still good news to us.

Next, those nodes on both of my liver have been decreasing.  Previously, the right lobe has seven nodes.  Right now, there are only three and all these three decreased in size.  On the left, there used to be two, and now there's only one left and the size of this node also decreased.

But I guess the best of all the good news is the absence of the node on the included section of the lungs that was noted on my previous CT scan.  Previously, there was a 1.0 cm node that was noted on the right hilar region and we were all kind of worried about this.  I guess anything that has to do with the lungs is something to be concerned about since it will make me vulnerable to diseases.

So, these are really something positive to be thankful for.

I have yet to visit my oncologist to show her the results.  But, based on what I read, these are all positive news.

Also, I have yet to have my CA 125.  The laboratory says this is a special test and is only done once a week - on a Wednesday.  So, I'll have my blood extracted next Tuesday and probably get the result by Thursday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts