Tuesday, January 18, 2011

She goes home with nothing. Not even an empty victory.

Beaten maid gives up fight.

This isn't Nuan.  But I'm not sure if she is or isn't the one in the story.  She might not be Nuan because Nuan gave her name.  This news didn't name the victim.

Nuan is the fighter that I wrote about last September 2010 and you can find that post here.

Yes, I wasn't too positive about her decision to fight, because I have an idea of how it was to file cases and fight for your right there.  The ever-changing laws of Dubai are like the ever-changing dunes of its dessert.  What you know about the law today might not be the same tonight, or even this afternoon.  That was one of the many reasons why I wanted Nuan to come home instead.

If this is Nuan, then, I won't say that I am happy that she took back what she said.  But neither am I sad because she didn't get what she wanted to fight for.

But Nuan or not, it's still good that she will come home.

Had she decided to come home earlier, she would have already spent quality time with her kids.  And who knows, she might be already getting ready to leave for Taiwan for another promise of a better job and a brighter future.

This is the reason why I so wanted Nuan to come home instead of fighting.

If this isn't Nuan, then good for her to have decided to come home.

As for Nuan, I still await.  Her story is one of the very few reasons why I still read UAE's Seven Days newspaper.

This is Nuan's story.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts