Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ad-On, Ad-Off

I was watching PBB last night. Without knowing that "Habang May Buhay" started, we didn't know that the time slot was changed. So, it was like I watch PBB before going to sleep. When it was finally on, of course, we had to wait for the long commercials in between. I even had it noted on my facebook that I can fall asleep during commercial breaks; very easy for me.

image copied fom this site

Now, looking back, I realized that back then when I was still in Dubai and had TFC, I was looking for commercials. I was actually missing them. My room mates used to comment that I was a bit different because not so many people look for it. But as for me, I look for our culture in it. At times, it sets a trend for young ones [and even old ones] to follow. Other times, it becomes a word-of-mouth between group of friends. There was even a jingle that was made into a ringtone. At some point, it tells us something about our life, our culture, our people. Back then in Dubai, it would have also given me a piece of home.

But, of course, a lot of something sometimes becomes suffocating. Last night, I dozed off in-between the show. Then, this morning, I thought, "Can they come up with a button on your remote control to turn these things off when you don't want them?"

Another wishful thinking brought to you by....

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Jen said...

ay nanonood ka pala ng 'habang may buhay' ako rin! haha

Clara said...

hehehe.. yeah I do. but then it's getting to be the usual teleserye plots... have you noticed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts