Friday, June 12, 2009

Not LIke Any Other

  • The past week has been toxic. Aside from the fact that I have been unusually busy, there is something unusual going on that I choose not to talk about at the moment. I think I'll reserve it later once everything has been resolved.
  • But the main reason for my no-post week is the fact that I got effin' irritated with the connection. I don't know why it has been that bad that out of the four hours that I was online for each day, I spent like probably 45 minutes waiting for those websites to load on my system. I primarily thought that it might be my aging laptop that is having a hard time. But I got to talk to one friend of mine and she was also complaining of their connection at their place. So, logically, it's not my lafytofy but the connection itself. Well, today is a little impressive since it's been back to normal. And my Google Chrome experience is back again. Awesome speed really as compared to the explorer.
  • My aborted move is really worth it. From that day that I decided not to move, I have been thankful. It's not that it could have been worse. It's the fact that I didn't have to make adjustments that may not even be worth it at all.
  • I don't know about you but since the 4.0 has been out, I think opening Multiply is easier. So far, I am experiencing faster loading than it used to be. I do not have anything against the format. I will have to get myself familiar first with the features before I would be able to tell which is better - that's how it works for me. But so far, the experience has been positive; and I hope it stays that way.
  • If you have been visiting every so often on my Mulitply page, you might have noticed that I integrated it with my Plurk updates but took it off after a few days. I would have let it stayed. But the thing is, some of the updates gets stocked on my page; updates that were a day or two old already. The thing is it should have been the present updates only that should show. I am giving them to correct this bug (if they ever correct it), but who needs it now that the "Quicknote" is there. The only thing I didn't like about Quicknote is that it doesn't show the time and date of the post, which I think should be better. Yes, it shows when you "View All" the quick notes, but not on the list itself.
  • During the start of the week, I started with two more books, planning to double-read them since the one is classic and the other isn't. But the classic kinda bored me that I stopped and the other one was borrowed by a friend who I couldn't resist. Actually, she came in zooming to my desk looking for a good book and I am always glad when someone gets their wind for reading so I gave it right away. This left me to choose again on the several books that I bought on sale. Yes, you're right. I ended up picking up Stephen King again. Admittedly, I haven't touched anything Stephen King lately since I have this plan of exploring other authors. But man, when I started to read his book, I just realized how much I miss the guy's style. Again, this is not to compare. I have read a couple of books from entirely different authors and they indeed write as good; some are even better. But I just love the way he writes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts