Tuesday, September 27, 2011
New Facebook Timeline
This is how our profile pages would look like by October 4.
But if you'd like to have it now, you can, just like me. Be aware though that you cannot revert, at least not yet until October. And that, people who hasn't made the switch will still view your old profile.
I already did mine and so far, I think it's cool. That's my birthday picture and it's called the cover. You can change it easily at any time. I think this is cool since you can actually post a picture that you'd like to put as the cover. Each of your entries are placed on separate boxes so you can easily determine your posts. One thing that I think would need improvement is the arrangement of your timeline. Since it is arranged in two columns, it's somewhat confusing as to the chronology of the posts. Or it might be that I am just still in the adjustment period.
As you can see on the right side, there are years and months and clicking them will take you to those posts and friends that you made for the month, which wasn't available with the old one. It also gives you the info on which pages you liked for that month and how many friends have posted on your timeline. The coolest thing is probably when you clicked on those years back. I saw what I wrote last December 18, 2009. My post was: Che Baldemor thanks everyone who prayed with her during those times. CTscan results came and I AM ALL CLEAR! And this was very monumental for me. I am actually glad to see this post and look back to that time.
It also told me the date I joined Facebook: it's 17 September 2007.
There may still be a lot of new things that I haven't discovered yet; and there may still be a lot of new things that have yet to come.
In the meantime, I'm liking it and here's how you can get Facebook's new timeline.
*Thanks to my friend, Ethel for posting the CNN news about this topic on her FB wall.
Posted by
Clara
at
9/27/2011 04:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I was able to successfully find out that cross-blogging thingy again and activated it. But as you may have observed, apparently there is th...
-
Even before this move to a new place, I have been thinking a lot about home. With the worldwide financial crisis, you cannot help to think o...
-
There's Dubai's Burj Dubai's Khalifa's fireworks and there is also Australia's Sidney Harbor Bridge fireworks . But ...
-
Part of my job is making cold calls to companies inquiring about the insurance requirements. This isn't easy as some of you might have ...
-
Where I am at, it’s in the news that New Year Celebrations are postponed. And I quote in the news: All hotels in Dubai have been told to ca...
-
There were friends who expressed intent to visit long before. But, I always declined. Sometimes, it was because of the nature of the cycle...
-
The final days of last week was not okay. It was the first time I experienced how it was to chill and I chilled to the bones - it's...
-
It is normal, but not very often, that I see bumper stickers of our Philippine flag here. I feel pride whenever I see one on the streets. I ...
-
Yesterday, it took me over 30 minutes for what could have been just a 15-minute ride. I was rushing to get home in time for the early eveni...
-
I tweeted/plurked yesterday that I didn't sleep well the other night because of a couple of Mr.&Mrs. Smiths for company. If you don...
No comments:
Post a Comment