Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ang ganda talaga ng Pilipinas


This video reminded me of one of those bus conversations I had when I was in Dubai. This time it's with a tourist who rode the bus to look around.

She was seated beside me. The bus ride was long since I was coming from somewhere in Jumeirah and was going home to Al Qusais. It was like from one end to the other.

I guess she got bored and talked to me. I remember her asking where I was going and I said, "Al Qusais, that's where I stay."

"You live here?" I asked.

"No, I'm on tour." She told me the country she's coming from but I already forgot.

"How do you find the place?"

"Oh, nice, but there are just buildings. All I can see are just buildings everywhere."

She's on a round trip which meant that she doesn't get down until the end of the route, which also meant that I get down before her. And I remember this short conversation took me home, if only in my mind.

Because I know that here in our country, there aren't just buildings. There are many places to see.

Mountains. Sea. Rivers. Hills. And a lot more.

There is more to the Philippines than what we already know; there is more than those negatives that we have in mind.

If we only think positive of our own country, there are a lot more positive things than those of the others.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts