Monday, April 20, 2009

Pinoy Sunday

I was again at the Sheikh Zayed area for a policy requested by my client there. Honestly, I get a little excited when I know that I'll be going to the area. Because, of course, I will see again the Burj Dubai (currently the world's tallest tower). At the bus stop, you can see this HUGE thing. But as I looked closer, I was like… hmm, it's been more than a month that I have been here and I feel like there's not a lot of improvement. Remember I took a shot of the tip of the burj? Well, there weren't many changes, so I opted not to take a photo.


For a news about Pinoys in Dubai: Alleged robber was desperate for money.


Yeah, I know, I was frustrated when I read that the suspect is a Filipino. The funny thing is, on my way home from that bus stop across the street [which is a longer route], as I was walking, I was thinking: is it still safe here? I didn't have to worry that much since our place stands just behind one of the community's largest and most-visited supermarket. But then, as I was reading this, I think I have every reason to doubt. And the more reason to worry, since it's one of us that's involved. And I think it's not impossible that another Filipino will strike another Kabayan. Oh well, one of the reasons why I like it here is the fact that you can talk on your mobile while walking and not worry about snatchers. Oh well… I think it's getting tough everywhere.


Anyway, this 2-day-no-job-weekend did good for me. I feel a little relax and well-rested today. I really hope that my boss would reconsider giving us the Saturday off to give us more time to relax. Hehehehehe…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts