Sunday, October 3, 2010

Shifting To A New Audience

I know the old ad may still be fresh with you, but you probably haven't seen the new one just yet.  So, I'll start this post by asking:  Do you remember the old coffee creamer ad?

Let me draw you a picture:  there's a couple sitting in front of each other in a very cozy setting.  I think she is in her satin clothing and the guy is in linen.  There were no words, just a couple of uhm's and ah's as a sort of disagreement to adding another teaspoon of the coffee creamer.

To me, it seemed that they are relaxing on a Sunday morning, reading the papers and all.  I am not sure though whether it's a garden or a lannai - but one thing is for sure, they both looked like they're rich.  Or in my opinion, that's what the ad was trying to make it look like.  And I guess it was effective because I saw it that way.

Last night, I saw their new commercial.  I think it's just a fifteen-second ad.

The setting?

A sari-sari store. (For my foreign readers, a sari-sari store is a small retail store within the community that sells small amounts of goods such as cooking oil, vinegar, and other daily needs.  You can see images of sari-sari stores here.)

The girl was inside the store selling a sachet of the coffee creamer to the guy at the other side of the counter.  This time, I think what they're trying to say is that the guy is courting the girl.

Whatever.

What caught my attention is the difference in the settings between the old and the new ad.  This new setting, I think, suggests that the coffee creamer is now trying to reach a new set of audience.  A different marketing strategy during these times.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts