Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Little Surprises of Yesterday

Don't you sometimes wish that you have met some of your friends earlier in your life? Yesterday, I received a package from my former room mate in Dubai. I have known that she will be coming home this July but we never planned to meet. First is because she would only be here for two weeks, and second, I stay very far from where she'll be at most of the time. She said she brought something for me and asked for my address. It's not that I don't believe her. It's just that I've been told the same a lot of times that it gets so common that they won't keep up with it. I don't really blame them. Please don't get me wrong. I understand them, practically because almost all of them who came home stay very far from where I live. Well, guess what? Just like the jute bag I got from two of my friends from Dubai, it came.

And you know what is more surprising and more touching? I really would have asked her for this as a 'pasalubong,' but as I said, I know they'd be busy that's why I decided not to ask. But, I guess she had always known that this is part of my toiletries list, even though she's been my room mate for about five months. How I really wish we'd been room mates for a longer time. But I am a believer that everything happens in its own time. Anyhow, I know, though, that we would be friends from hereon.


********************



Sometime last week, we heard a little kitten meowing in front of our backyard. After a looking around with a flashlight and some patience, we found him perched on an unfinished fence made of hollow blocks. We tried to feed it and let it be, since we were worried that our 4-year-old-or-so cats, Dinky and Budoy, would not like the idea. But I guess when you love pets, you simply couldn't take it hearing them crying out there somewhere. So, if it cries, we let him know by responding and making sure that we have some food prepared. It wasn't long before we noticed that he was slowly moving closer to our house. It wasn't long before it comes to our house around nine in the evening, seemingly in time for our cat's dinner. She'll stay for a while and disappear again before midnight.

Until one morning, our neighbor was looking for a kitten - the one which happens to come to our place. He took it home and we never heard from the kitten for a few days... until last night. She came, and we gave her food. It was surprising that she spent the night in front of our house and stayed until this morning for breakfast. She might not be our cat, but I know she knows she has a second home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts