Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Thin Line... Again

Too much to read lately, too little time to ruminate and absorb.

I have posted this article a few days ago, not making it longer since [a]my thoughts seem to have been absent the past few days [b]many would think I am pathetic [c]just being busy reading. I subtly said that reading it might 'ease up the tension a little bit for those who are misled and misinformed... like me.'

The swine flu. I just see this as a media hype, like I used to think about the SARS virus years ago. I didn't want to say things first lest I will be branded as pathetic or something like that. Also, I didn't want to talk about it until I have some facts that will support me.

The culprit was the news I heard over the radio on my way home. In Germany, two Germans were confirmed dead due to swine flu. But guess what? They have just been to Mexico... So, if one person from each country went to Mexico and came back to their home country and died because of the virus, does it really make it a pandemic? I mean, I am not really knowledgable about these things, but I just can't see the point.

I hear it, the media will say, 'we are just warning the world/people/society.' Yeah, right. But there is the THIN LINE... again... And now, it lies between information dissemination/warning and scare. The funny thing is, it's also a rippling effect. The media overreacts, the people overreacts - even more. That's what happens.

So, I suggest you watch this video and sit back and really think about it. This is in addition to the article I posted in the link above. For all we know, this might be another SARS hype. I was really pissed off on the way they sensationalized SARS back then. And right now, I am freakin' fed up of all these swine flu virus sacre... and it hasn't been declared a pandemic yet. As one news said, it was declared on number 4, 2 points short of being a pandemic.

Oh, and here is another link.

And, here's the video:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts