Monday, March 23, 2009

Yellow, Green and Red

Pedestrian stop.


I got there with the red signal on. Ahead of me were three couples - all of them white, and all tourists - and two or three Indians and one more I couldn't tell. We all waited patiently for the light to complete its full circle [this is what I call it when the lights completed its green on all sides].

Then this Beemer X5 comes. It was red on their side. But the driver overtook those cars ahead of him, drives through the pavement that divides the road for those going straight and making a turn, then made a u-turn on red.


All of us waiting at the pedestrian stop couldn't believe he'd done it. All our jaws dropped as he was making this scene. The three couples couldn't believe what they saw. What a show!

That's why if you browse about Dubai, you won't miss a comment or two about the road conditions here. Whenever I cross the street on the P Xing, I don't make sure that the red is on. It is not simply red. I also make sure that all the cars in front have yielded before I walk. Otherwise, drivers here do not beat the red signal.


They pass through red signals - many of them.


Quoted:


"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."


- Helen Keller


Mood Music:


I just love this version of the song. Frankly, I couldn't dig the original version. But this unplugged, acoustic version is on my playlist; definitely one of my favorites.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts