Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So, he was really there...

Tom Cruise shines on the red carpet in Dubai.

I haven't been following this news but since he's a big star and it's Mission Impossible shot in Dubai, I got kind of curious and read about some of the updates.  Although I am not there already, I was thinking that blogging about this will tell my friends that he'll be there.  My curiosity originates from the fact that this series was such a big hit during my video shop days, but I am not really a fan of it.

Photo credit: The National Newspaper

So, he made it to the opening of the Dubai International Film Festival.  [It seems to be a big news that he made it..]  It was said that he was at one of the most beautiful hotels in Dubai, the Madinat Jumeirah for the opening, then, of course, at the Burj Dubai Khalifa (because I still prefer to call it Burj Dubai) as seen on the photo above,where parts of the movie was shot.

And all the while I thought, it would be the premier of the movie.  And I guess I was wrong.  I keep track of my Dubai friends on Twitter and Facebook and none of them has expressed yet that they were to see the movie this weekend, considering that this news was last December 7, 2011.

Up to this point, I still couldn't figure out why I seem not to comprehend the news when it is from Dubai.  Most of the time, I feel it lacks content and they seem to be not direct to the point.  Sometimes, it felt like there should have been more to the article than what is said and frequently, it lacks a lot of details.

Is it the papers?  Or is it really me?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts